“Run up, get done up. Got shooters ready for a come up. Promise you I didn’t luck up. Was grindin’ all night. Didn’t sleep ’til the sun up. Now I got up on my shit. Walk around like I’m that b*&^%. Every n**** wanna hit——- Lookin’ like I caught a lick. Run up on me, you get hit. – 2018 ANTHEM !!!!
Cardi B may have burst onto the scene in 2015, but it was in 2017 that the New York rapper took over the music world. With her larger-than-life personality, Cardi captivated many on social media, but it was her commercial debut single, “Bodak Yellow,” that really sent the rapper into the mainstream.
- Offset Proposed To Her Live on Stage in Philly
- “Bodak Yellow” Broke Billboard Records
- Cardi Gave Colin Kaepernick His Due at 2017 MTV VMA’S
- Her Clapback After Her Topless Video Leaked Was Epic
- She Scooped Up Four BET Awards
- “Bodak Yellow” Is Triple Platinum
- “Bodak Yellow” Earns Two Grammy Nominations
Yes Cardi B had an amazing year. She came, she saw, and she concurred. The reason why I referenced my 2018 to Cardi B’s 2017 is because she was determined and she did not let anything stop her from achieving her goals. I know there is a time for everything and everyone has their own season. I know 2018 is my season where I shine.
First, let’s reflect on 2017 ….. boy oh boy what a year this has been. From moving back to the United Stated after being abroad for almost two years, graduating with my master’s degree, to getting a job and three weeks later getting fired, and the list goes on and on and on but that’s not what this blog post is about. I believe that life gives you lessons and in 2017 I had a lot of life lessons. I laughed, I cried, I laughed some more, and of course I cried some more. There were times where I felt like giving up and then I had to remind myself that God has a plan for myself.
The direction I may want my life to go in may not be the direction God has for me. I found myself doubting Gods plans for me this year but 12 months later I am nowhere near where I thought I would be, I have more than I could ever image. 2017 was the year of a lot of highs and oh yeah, a lot of lows. Midway throughout the year I found a planner at Ross and on the cover, it reads “FOR I KNOW THE PLANS I have for you.” Declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. -Jeremiah 29:11 NIV.
I am putting all my goals and my plans on paper and trusting in the Lord.
- Grow even more closer to God.
- Work out more- Actually Go To The Gym 5 Days A Week!
- Attend more networking events and actually network.
- Continue to build my brand (KarlySmiles) Instagram, Blogging, YouTube, etc.
- Launch my podcast and be consistent.
- Do more public speaking.
- Read more books.
- Save X amount of money.
- Pay off debt.
- Say the word No more !!
- Travel more often- plane, car, train, etc. Get out girl!!!
- Move up in my career field in corporate America.
Comment down below and let me know your goals for 2018.
I love new beginning and I am not afraid of change. Change is good and when life gives you lemons make some Giggle Juice. I hope you guys have a wonderful Holiday Season.